As anyone who has been keeping tabs on my work will know I’ve recently started making use of GitHub (https://github.com/jamesfed) but was quite surprised today when logging in and I received the message below.
Your account has been flagged.
Because of that, your profile is hidden from the public. If you believe this is a mistake, contact support to have your account status reviewed.
In contacting support I received an email less than a few minutes later stating that this was an error by their spam detection system and that the account was reinstated.
In this release we have…
- Get-SympaLogin (to login and get a session cookie – the result of which is used with all other functions)
- Get-SympaMailingListMember (get the members of a list or list(s))
- Add-SympaMailingListMember (add a member(s) to a list)
- Remove-SympaMailingListMember (removes a member(s) from a list)
- Test-SympaMailingListMember (checks to see if someone is a Subscriber, Owner or Editor of a list)
- Sync-SympaMailingList (based on the contents of a reference CSV makes changes to the membership of a list)
- How a CSV storing credentials might look (samplecredsfile.csv)
- How a CSV that is used to Add/Remove members in bulk to/from a single list (samplememberslist.csv)
- How a CSV that is used with the Sync- function would look (samplesynclist.csv)
Super Awesome Features
- Credentials can be stored in a CSV to avoid them being typed in as part of a wider script
- Pipeline support for members in lists
How to get it
The PowerShell Gallery is the best route to get your hands on the Module, see this link – https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/PSSympa for the full details in short though you should only need to run the following command at your PowerShell prompt (assuming you are running a recent version of PowerShell) to install the module on your PC.
Install-Module -Name PSSympa